Are you looking for nature, astronomy, art, and music?
With so many “happenings” available in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP), you may want to focus on these highlighted special events this Memorial Day weekend, and beyond…
Nature in RMNP
• You're invited to the Readers’ Theatre experiences for students at the Stanley Museum on June 7 at 10 AM followed by Songs You Probably Learned as a Child sing-a-long at noon.
• Summer Enchanted Evening talks on June 9 about the area at the Baldpate Inn at 7PM.
• Skins & Skulls, a free ranger-led wildlife learning experience, is available on Saturdays and Sundays at the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center.
• Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays offer an 8 AM Spring Bird Walk at Cub Lake Trailhead.
• Moraine Park Nature Walks are offered at the Moraine Park Visitor Center daily at 10 AM.
• Bighorn Basics will teach you about this majestic symbol of Rocky. Meet at the Sheep Lakes Information Station in Horseshoe Park daily at 10:30 AM.
• Every Saturday night attend the Beaver Meadows Evening Program at 7 PM. For details, call 970.586.1206.
• On June 11, the Digital Darkroom Photography Class at Rocky Mountain Nature Association Field Seminar, will be at Building at 6 PM with exhibits.
Art / Art Exhibits & Estes Park
• A Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Estes Park begins in Bond Park at 9 AM on June 7.
• Enjoy the Art Market in Bond Park beginning at 9 AM and the Estes Park Antique & Collectables Show in Barn W in the Stanley Park Fairgrounds at 10 AM.
• The Annual Summer Art Walk begins this weekend and continues through Labor Day featuring self-guided tours of art galleries and artist studios.
• And you won’t want to miss First Fridays, beginning on June 4, at Reily Fine Art at 7 PM for artist gatherings.
• Nature’s Patternings: fiber work by Patty Hawkins and sculptures by Carol Cunningham featured at the Art Center of Estes Park through June 20.
• Artist in Residence II, an exhibit featuring works from RMNP’s Artist-In-Residence program is available for viewing through July 3.
• Visions National Organization of Oil Painters Society Invitational is opening June 5 at the Cultural Arts Gallery. The exhibit will close on July 5.
• The Stirling Legacy exhibit at the Estes-Park Museum can be viewed through next April 10, 2011.
Concerts / Music & Nightlife
• The Peasall Sisters in Concert will appear at the Christian Church of Estes Park on June 6 at 8:15 AM and 10 AM.
• The Youth Choir of First United Methodist Church (Dallas) concert will be at Hyde Chapel-YMCA of the Rockies at 7 PM on June 9.
• Enjoy the Jeff Van Devender SummerFest Concert in Hempel Auditorium-YMCA of the Rockies at 7:30 PM on June 10.
• Don't miss the Richard Geppinger SummerFest Concert also at Hempel Auditorium-YMCA of the Rockies at 7:30 PM on June 11 and the Lawrence Kansas Civic Choir will perform at Hyde Chapel-YMCA of the Rockies at 7 PM.
Check out the musical events designed to bring you nightly enjoyment.
June 7: Ash Ganley Duo presents Rock, Pop, Folk and Blues at Marys Lake Lodge at 7 PM.
June 8: Marys Lake Lodge presents the Dennis Tobias Band with Soft rock, Pop, and Classics at 7 PM.
June 9: Alex Thoele with Acoustic, Folk, and Rock at Inn Mountain Tavern at 6 PM; Tobias Duo presents Soft rock, Pop, and Classics at Marys Lake Lodge at 7 PM.
June 10: Delta Sonics plays Blues, and Rock at Marys Lake Lodge at 7 PM.
June 11: Listen to Friends of Folk with Branden Sipes at Marys Lake Lodge at 8 PM; Turn 4 with Country, Americana, and Rock at Chipper’s Lanes at 10 PM; Elizabeth Rose is appearing at Lake Shore Lodge at 6 PM; Friends of Folk with Branden Sipes will be at Marys Lake Lodge at 8 PM; and Glentucky Funkdown with Bluegrass, Psychobilly, and Jam at Rock Inn Mountain Tavern at 10 PM.
Weekly events to enjoy
• Sundays feature Bill Taylor, guitarist-vocalist at Chelito’s at 1 PM; Dick Orleans performing Folk rock at Marys Lake Lodge at 7 PM.
• Tuesdays feature free Texas Hold ‘em at the Wheel Bar beginning at 7 PM; Open Mic hosted by Mike Roe Saloon Nightclub & Grill at 8 PM.
• Wednesdays offer the sounds of Dick Orleans Folk rock at Mama Rose’s Restaurant beginning at 5:30 PM; Slight of Hand Magic will be at Twin Owls Steakhouse at 6:30 PM; Sing for all at Karaoke Night (Wed. & Fri.) at Lonigans Saloon Nightclub & Grill 8 PM; and hear Summer Enchanted Evening at Baldpate Inn at 7 PM.
• Thursdays enjoy an Open Bluegrass Pick with Garth Lewis & Tom Nugent at the Rock Inn Mountain Tavern at 7:30 PM.
• Fridays offer the Dennis-Tobias Band in the Stanley Hotel Lounge at 8 PM; Elizabeth Rose will be performing Jazz and R&B at Lake Shore Lodge at 6 PM.
• Fridays & Saturdays find James Davis, classical guitarist at Marys Lake Lodge beginning at 6 PM; Ray Young, Jazz and Piano at Nicky's Restaurant at 7 PM and Saturday, Gerry Valero is featured at the Lake Shore Lodge.
Visit us again soon for more information on local “happenings”.